Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Sacrifices.

As a college student, I find it very hard to go to sleep before 2 am these days. Somehow the endless all nighters and caffeine binges have trashed my treasured sleep schedule. HOWEVER, the lack of sleep and new addiction to Common Ground's Caramel Coffee Crunch latte's have payed off. My latin-dancing medical terminology prof has yet to post my perfect exam grade, but I'm pretty darn positive that I got a 94 or above. Thats pretty good I might sayyy.

It seems very distant now in my memory, but I can vaguely recall highschool and sleeping in on the weekends. Christmas Break. Actually having one. Summer's where I didn't have to wake up at 7 am, and sit through 3 hour classes. Oh yeah... and that time I took for granted where I didn't have to pay for classes haha!

Ahhh yes. One day you wake up, and you been shoved out the door and thrown buck naked out in to the real world. It's very upsetting, this sudden change. But, you learn through trial&error (for some of us LOTS and LOTS of error!) that yes, indeed you can make it on your own. It's possible. And you don't have to stay naked. Ohh yeah. And all those lectures you got when you were a kid (that at the time seemed reDONKulous and pointless), all the advice you thought you didn't need..yeah you most def need it. Hmmm... I wonder how many time's my mom has thought to herself, "told you so"?

Craziness. Well, I'm now going to attempt to go to bed "early". This is rare. I might not be able to do it.

A word of advice from someone I like, "Just go lay in bed, close your eyes, and start counting animals. But don't start counting endagered species, because you'll run out of stuff to count!"

Ha. Goodnight. <3

1 comment: